Photography Workshop in Algarve and Lisbon is a unique experience to explore, shooting and really enjoy the amazing scenery of the most famous region of South Portugal. So join Me A new photographic adventure to capture the wild coast of Algarve in Portugal and the amazing and charming city of Lisboa. You will improve your photography skills and discovering an amazing place, both iconic spots and off the beaten track.
Photography Workshop in Algarve in Pills
|DATES||29 May- 4 June 2024|
|DURATION||7 days, 6 nights|
|THEME||Landscape – Street Photography|
|SUITABLE FOR||From beginners to experts|
|PHOTO GEAR||Digital reflex or mirrorless, Analog , any brand, any kind|
|PARTICIPANTS||Small Group/ Only 3 Left Places|
WHY CHOOSE MY PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP IN ALGARVE?
Are my photography workshops worth it?
Sometimes I am asked if it’s beneficial to attend mine photography workshops? Therefore, I am sharing my thoughts on why you should attend and what to look for when searching for the good one! Anyone interested in travel photography should consider attending a photography workshop, especially one that is an expert organises. Indeed these workshops offer an excellent chance to see, learn from, and exchange ideas with professional photographers. A great workshop provides insight and expertise that photographers cannot find elsewhere. Finally, I think the best reasons to attend a photography workshop is that you can learn how to make better photos and have a unique experiences in a great location.
My Photography Workshops in Algarve and Lisbon are small, usually with a maximum of 4 people. Unlike most companies offering photography workshops and tour, I’m expert in fine art and landscape photography. I represent an international standard of quality in terms of photography workshops tuition and tours. I running workshop from many years and my works has been recognize with internationally awards.
Itinerary Photography Workshop in Algarve and Lisbon
- 1 Faro : Appointment at Faro Airport, meeting with all participants and transfer to the accommodation facility. Briefing and start with the workshop in Algarve. So we move to Faro ,the capital of the Algarve, the starting point of our photographic journey. Separated from the sea by a lagoon, Faro is a fishing port and tourist resort overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- 2 Day Praia do Castelejo: Praia do Castelejo is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Algarve. The beach is located in the “Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina” Natural Park and is famous for its black rocks and very high waves.We will move towards the first locations on the West coast, precisely in Praia do Castelejo, where we will have a packed dinner with sandwiches and we will be able to move independently, each with their own scouting until we find the ideal compositions for the sunset and for the galactic arc winter. The guides will show how to take single shots with the human figure and how to contextualize the galactic arc in an extreme panorama. We will return to the property late at night.
- 3 Day Cabo San Vicente: The Cabo San Vicente lighthouse is located at the southwestern tip of Portugal, a perfect destination for the last lights of the sunset . We will move towards the south-western part of the island, to explore the area around the very famous Capo San Vicente Lighthouse, an iconic location that will be an excellent starting point for sunset.
- 4 Day Lagos and Ponta da Piedade: Ponta da Piedade is a headland with a group of rock formations along the coast of the city of Lagos in the Algarve region of Portugal. Consisting of yellow-gold cliff-like rocks up to 20 meters high.
- 5 Day Praia de Carvoeiro:Praia de Carvoeiro is a typical Algarve town, it overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and is an excellent photographic spot because of the town built on the cliff which turns into a magical place at the blue hour.
- 6 Day Lisboa We will travel to Lisboa exploring and shooting this amazing, old fashion city on the Atlantic Ocean starting from old town.
- 7 Day Lisboa: Wake up early to enjoy our last Day taking images before going to the airport.
Main Goal of our photographic journey in Portugal
This visual experience is designed not only to bring you to the most photogenic locations but also to allow you to develop and train your mindset to view the shot before taking it. Our goal is to grow your awareness and creativity to return home not only with beautiful images to be proud of, but especially with new techniques and knowledge useful for your photographic passion.
The Photography Workshop in Algarve include
- Professional Tuition and Experience
- Transportation and tolls
- Photographic and logistic planning
- All tickets & entrance fees
- Fun 🙂
The Photography Workshop in Algarve does not include
- Your trip to and from Algarve
- Food and beverages
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Weather control 😉
- Everything not mentioned in “The Class includes”
What to expect to my photography workshop in Algarve
My Photography Workshops are small, usually with a maximum of 4 people. Therefore, I will spend time with you individually and mix up the groups regularly, so everyone gets a fair share of my time.
We will explore a visual approach and techniques including layering, good use of the environment around you, along with introducing compositional elements that will add depth and detail to your images
My workshops are immersive, not only we visit amazing locations, some off the beaten track, we will getting close to people and places. I’d like to letting you take shoot photographs you have dreamt of
Every day we will develop your skills, processing and editing. In this way you will improve all aspects enabling you to create strong body of work
When we traveling togheter I help you to get close to the action, after that you will overcome fears about approaching strangers. During the workshop I offer you candid and constructive feedback on a regular basis
You’ll come away with a great understanding of photography and the elements that make up a great photograph. Is important to come back with something important for you.
Invest for skills and experience
I think the best reasons to attend a photography workshop is that you can learn how to make better photos. So i believe that investing in experiences is a much better investment than investing in gear. Also you have some benefit that you don’t find on line or for free. In fact, attending a workshop you can gain distilled wisdom about photography from the instructor.
Get into it
When you attend a workshop get into it. Can be obviously but some time is not. So when you attend a workshop, know that you need to work hard, if you actually want to improve your photography. Indeed you have to be really focus and remember yourself often why you are there.
WHAT YOU SHOULD TAKE IN ALGARVE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
If you have booked a Algarve photography workshop a warm jacket or coat for early mornings then once the sun is up the temperatures are very pleasant so light clothing is advised. A good pair of waterproof hiking boots and waterproof outdoor clothing is essential depending on the location of the workshop. Warm hats, gloves and thermals are necessary. Also it is essential to bring ice grippers for your boots. A comfortable pair of walking shoes.
About the equipment below I put some suggestion : CAMERA – all workshop attendees require a Digital / Film camera. DIGITAL MEMORY AND/OR FILM – 16 Gb or higher memory cards are recommended. If you have a high megpixel camera you will need at least a 32Gb card. TRIPOD – if you don’t have one already or are considering a new tripod, CAMERA BAG – Comfortable camera backpack. FILTERS – IF YOU BRING NO OTHER FILTERS, BRING A POLARISING FILTER. Graduated ND (2 stop & 3 stop hard and soft grads). SHUTTER RELEASE CORD or remote shutter release. If you are buying for the first time, get a basic shutter release that doesn’t take batteries. These are very simple to operate and never run out of battery power like the all singing all dancing shutter releases that have time lapse functions etc. and tell you when to eat lunch. Keep it simple.
Please bring with you a small selection of images (jpgs @ 72 dpi) on a device (laptop or iPad) or memory stick for reviewing.
After the Workshop
- Usually at the end you will finish the course with a strong set of images that captures the place you have been visited.
- After the workshop, I’d like to stay in touch with most course participants and encourage you to take up personal projects that are close to you.
Useful Information in my Photography Workshop in Algarve:
Availability of the Photography Workshop In Algarve
I’m available all year around to doing the workshop. Indeed, Algarve is the kind of location nice to capture in any time of the year. Anyway spring should be the first choice if possible, with realy variable weather condition and enough amount of light and sun. In fact the mist and bad weather provide the best conditions for photos with drama and of greater impact. Anyway in winter time there are less tourist and the prices are more chip.
Number of Student:
Minimum 1, maximum 4 students. I prefer small group in my workshop.
Easy. All the locations to photograph are directly accessible by walking.
The main language spoken in Algarve is Portuguese. During the last few years the use of the English language has become more and more widespread. Also thanks to tourism in Portugal, you will find that most shops and restaurateurs speak at least basic English. The hotel staff generally speak fluent English. However, don’t expect to be understood everywhere
Money / currency
The currency in Portugal is the Euro (€). Large shops, restaurants, and hotels will accept credit and debit cards, but in general they prefer cash.
Wi-Fi / Internet coverage
Cell phone coverage is good practically everywhere in Algarve, but still slow in some areas. In the cities there are no problems and the service is fast enough, however in the countryside the network leaves something to be desired. The costs of SIM card are affordable and you can find them in many shops.
Cancellation of my Photography Tour In Algarve :
- The fee is fully refundable if cancellation is made 30 days before the start of the workshop.
- Raffaele is not responsible for any reimbursement of travel expenses in case of cancellation of the workshop. It is recommended to buy refundable tickets and travel insurance when it is possible.
- The fees are in Euro but you can pay in Dollars, and all the banktransfer fees are to be covered by the workshop participant.
Photography Workshop in Algarve itineraries can be modified for logistical needs and / or adverse weather conditions. On the occasion of particular occasions, or according to the days of departure, the order of visits and hotel services may be subject to some variation. Anyway we guaranteeing in any case the complete performance of the program, except for reasons of force majeure.